Browse and reply to app reviews to positively engage with users
Users can leave reviews and rate your app in Google Play. Browse these ratings and reviews, and reply to users from the Play Console website or the Play Console app.
Why it works
Replying to reviews engages your users and makes them feel valued, helping to build loyalty. When you respond to negative reviews, indicate how and when you'll address the feedback, where possible. Users will be more likely to leave a good rating and share your app following a positive interaction.
- Use filters to explore reviews. Browse your reviews more easily and understand them better by applying combinations of rating, written language, app version, and device filter. Also, the sort and search options can be helpful; they're available from Reviews on the Ratings & Reviews menu.
- Write one public reply on each user review of your app and edit your reply to a review at any time to provide the user with updates.
- Spend the time to ensure your reply is readable. Don't use excessive capitalization and punctuation, stay on topic, include clear, valuable, and honest information, be positive, respect the reviewer, be nice and don't attack, use proper grammar and spelling, and be useful and informative.
- Remember the Google Play content guidelines. Don't include any of the following in your replies: codes, email addresses, or links; sexually explicit content; profanities; abusive, hateful, threatening, or harassing language or comments; or attempts to impersonate any person or false statements or representations of affiliation with a person or entity.
- Reply with the help of Google Translate. Where you don't have a native language speaker to reply to feedback in a particular language, reply in your native language. Users can read a translation of your reply automatically using Google Translate.
- Find out how your app is rated by looking at your ratings from Ratings on the Ratings & Reviews menu. You can view either your app's average Play Store rating, ratings over time, or ratings breakdown by country, language, device, and more.
- Get an understanding of how your app is rated compared to its peers. Select See details on any Ratings breakdown card to see how your app compares to others in the same Play Store category. These details give you an indication of the average rating, number of ratings, share of ratings, category rating, and rating vs. category (how your app's rating compares to apps in the same Play Store category).
- Don't post fake reviews. Doing so could result in the suspension of your developer account and removal of your apps from the store.