Implementing a cool idea is a great start toward an app that delights users, but it's just the beginning. The next step is maximizing your app's performance. For example, users want apps that:
- Use power sparingly.
- Start up quickly.
- Respond quickly to user interaction.
This section provides you with the know-how you need in order to make your apps not only cool, but also performant. Read on to discover how to develop apps that are power-thrifty, responsive, efficient, and well-behaved.
- Android vitals
- Processes and threads overview
- Better performance through threading
- Optimize for battery life
- Optimize for Doze and App Standby
- Reduce the APK size
- Manage your app's memory
- Overview of memory management
- Design for seamlessness
- Keeping Your App Responsive
- Performance tips
- SMP primer for Android
- Verifying app behavior on the Android runtime (ART)