Build high-quality apps for every Android device with Android Studio
Android Studio is the official Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Android app development.play_circle_outline Android Studio: the official IDE for Android
Why it works
Android Studio provides the fastest tools for building high quality and performant apps that run on every type of Android device, including phones and tablets, Android Auto, Wear OS by Google, and Android TV. As the official Android IDE from Google, Android Studio includes everything you need to build an app, including an intelligent code editor and debugger, performance analysis tools, emulators, and more.
- Intelligent code editor capable of advanced code completion, refactoring, and code analysis.
- Apply Changes lets you push code and resource changes to your app running on a device or emulator without restarting the app.
- Fast and feature-rich Android Emulator with virtual accelerometer, ambient temperature, magnetometer, and other sensors.
- Support for all Android platforms: Android phones and tablets, Wear OS, Android Auto, and Android TV.
- Build Android App Bundles to take advantage of Dynamic Delivery, Google Play's app serving model that uses your app bundle to generate and serve optimized APKs for each user's device configuration.
- Flexible Gradle-based build system offers build automation, dependency management, and customizable build configurations.
- Code templates to help you build common app features.
- Rich Layout Editor with support for drag-and-drop layout editing and blueprint mode to construct apps more intuitively.
- New Constraint Layout manager for the design of large and complex layouts in a flat, streamlined hierarchy (backwards compatible to Android API level 9).
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems in your app code.
- Support for C/C++ code editing and LLDB-based debugging so you can quickly build JNI components in your app.
- Built-in support for Firebase SDK, Firebase Test Lab, Firebase App Indexing, and Google Cloud Platform.
- APK Analyzer to inspect the contents of your APKs so you can understand the size contribution of each component.
- Espresso Test Recorder (Beta) to create UI tests by recording interactions with your app; it then outputs the UI test code.
- Layout Inspector to examine your apps’ view hierarchy at runtime.
- GPU Debugger (beta) to capture a stream of OpenGL ES commands on your Android device and replay it from inside Android Studio for analysis.