August 7, 2019
androidx.browser:browser:1.2.0-alpha07 is released. The commits included in this version can be found here.
- Developers can provide theme colors to be used when the device is in dark mode.
- Developers can also override whether the launched browser should be in dark or light mode.
- The navigation bar color can be specified for Custom Tabs.
Trusted Web Activities
TrustedWebActivityBuildercan be used to easily create and launch Trusted Web Activities.
TrustedWebActivityServiceand related classes can be used to communicate with the provider - accepting web push notifications for the linked website and displaying them from the client app. This part of the API is liable to change.
Custom Tab Session Ids
- Custom Tabs sessions can now be created with ids, allowing the merging of two sessions launched by the same application with the same id.
- Browser Actions related classes and methods have been marked deprecated. Unfortunately, while we had high hopes for the feature, barely anyone ended up using it and only one browser ended up providing support for it. We’re deprecating it to keep the code and the API simple.