Using bright, engaging visuals in your Android apps can help improve the look and feel of your application. In Android, there are a few different ways in which you can render something visually on screen- using either a vector, bitmap, or directly drawing with a canvas on screen. In this section, learn how to work these different kinds of graphics.
Learn how to work with images using these details:
- Loading images: Learn how to load an image from disk or the internet
- ImageBitmap versus ImageVector: Learn how to work with the two most common image formats, raster and vector.
- Material icons: Learn about a convenient way to draw a single color icon on the screen, following Material Design 3 guidelines.
- Customize an image: Learn how to customize an image using properties of an Image composable.
- Custom painter: Learn about custom painter objects to additionally customize your image.
- Optimizing performance: Learn about how to best work with images to avoid performance issues.
You can also learn more about working with Graphics here.