Firebase is a mobile platform that helps you quickly develop high-quality apps, grow your user base, and earn more money. Firebase is made up of complementary features that you can mix-and-match to fit your needs, with Google Analytics for Firebase at the core. You can explore and integrate Firebase services in your app directly from Android Studio using the Assistant window shown in figure 1.
First make sure you have installed Google Repository version 26 or higher, using the following steps:
- Click Tools > SDK Manager.
- Click the SDK Tools tab.
- Check the Google Repository checkbox, and click OK.
- Click OK to install.
- Click Background to complete the installation in the background, or wait for the installation to complete and click Finish.
You can now open and use the Assistant window in Android Studio by following these steps:
- Click Tools > Firebase to open the Assistant window.
- Click to expand one of the listed features (for example, Analytics), then click the Get Started tutorial to connect to Firebase and add the necessary code to your app.
For more information about using Firebase services, see the Firebase documentation.