<permission-group android:description="string resource" android:icon="drawable resource" android:label="string resource" android:name="string" />
- contained in:
- Declares a name for a logical grouping of related permissions. Individual
permissions join the group through the
permissionGroupattribute of the
<permission>element. Members of a group are presented together in the user interface.
This element doesn't declare a permission itself, only a category in which permissions can be placed. For information about declaring permissions and assigning them to groups, see the
- User-readable text that describes the group. The text is
longer and more explanatory than the label. This attribute must be
set as a reference to a string resource. Unlike the
labelattribute, it can't be a raw string.
- An icon representing the permission. This attribute must be set as a reference to a drawable resource containing the image definition.
- A user-readable name for the group. As a convenience, the label can be directly set as a raw string while you're developing the application. However, when the application is ready to be published, set it as a reference to a string resource, so that it can be localized like other strings in the user interface.
- The name of the group. This is the name that can be assigned to a
- introduced in:
- API level 1
- see also:
Content and code samples on this page are subject to the licenses described in the Content License. Java and OpenJDK are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Last updated 2023-03-22 UTC.