Android's built-in search features offer apps an easy way to provide a
consistent search experience for all users. There are two ways to implement search in your app,
depending on the version of Android that is running on the device. This documentation covers how
to add search with
SearchView while maintaining
backward compatibility with older versions of Android by
using the system's default search dialog.
- Set up the search interface
- Learn how to add a search interface to your app and how to configure an activity to handle search queries.
- Store and search for data
- Learn a simple way to store and search for data in a SQLite virtual database table.
- Remain backward compatible
- Learn how to keep search features backward compatible with older devices.